Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Took a shot

There were a lot of higher level LO8 players on Stars tonight. I've been doing pretty good at the 3/6 full ring cash games, and I watched a 5/10 game for a while. I decided to take a shot at it.

Wow. The level of play went over my head. There were moves being made, but I had no clue what they were. I didn't know if a raise was a steal or a trap. I might have been giving a little too much credit but watching some of the hands that were getting to the river was pretty revealing.

I was able to see more of what was going on, since I could see the hands that were mucked on the river. I believe with enough time and patience, I could squeeze out a small profit at this level. However, I believe that the bigger edge I have at 3/6 means that I would make more money at the lower levels.

I bought in for $200 and cashed out for $143.50. I had a few hands that I missed on the river and one of them would have been a huge scoop that would have given me a winning session. I took my shot and fell short. I'll try again another day.

I did earn a lot of VPPs at the 5/10 table, and now have some numbers to look at for my comparison of the new rewards program vs the old ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment