Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Get A Stake happenings

Ok, there's a lot about to kick off for me at GAS.

My King (or Queen) of the Mountain stakes are progressing. I've had one person make it to the top, but he elected not to play the $107 Triple or Nothing. I've had a few people stop playing for various reasons. So far, only 1 person has gone busto.

Thunder Dome, a 2 horse competition, is still taking applications. I will be staking 2 people to $250 for 2 days. The person who makes more money will get a cut of the 2nd place horse's winnings.

To be fair, I also offered Tiny Dome. I will stake 3 people to $25 each. They will be playing this Saturday and Sunday. The person who does best will get all of the profits from the other 2 horses. I've already picked 2 horses, Pointledge and Pokerriffic. I will pick the 3rd horse on Thursday. There are 3 applications so far that have a chance.

I've also lost my mind. I've put up a stock sale for $250. A stock sale is also known as a BAP (Buy a Piece). This is where you raise money to play certain tournaments or cash games (short version).

My stock sale is to raise the money to play 1000 .25 Sit and Go tournaments. I bought half the shares myself, so I'm really only raising $125. Snuffy pointed out that I could do this with $10 and just roll with the profits. I agree, but the point of this is to force me to play the 1000 games. I'm just going to escrow the investor's money.

I am taking side bets, up to $100 in total on the outcome of this challenge.

Tonight is AIPS on Poker Stars. This month's AIPS is an $11 deep stack 8 game mix tournament. (2-7 triple draw, Limit Hold'em, Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, Razz, Stud, Stud Hi/Lo, No Limit Hold'em, Pot Limit Omaha). The structure is really good, but I don't know if I'll have time to play.

I still have 9 of my 10 Daily Dollar tournaments to play for Ed, and I need to make time to finish them.

Z

No comments:

Post a Comment